Replace your missing teeth with advanced technology for a natural and functional result.
At Studio Smiles we see many patients with missing teeth and offer a number of options to replace missing teeth to match your needs and desires.
Why should missing teeth be replaced?
- Function – missing teeth can cause the adjacent teeth to move and crowd
- Aesthetics – it is common for missing teeth to be associated with an ‘aged’ appearance as the more teeth we lose, the more our lips and cheeks tend to sink in or hollow
- Bite – your bite may be changing as the other teeth have to take more load, creating stress on the rest of your teeth
Every situation is unique. To understand your condition and needs we will need to conduct a comprehensive assessment. During this consultation we will work together to understand your needs and give you all the information you need to decide what is best for yourself.
- Dental Implants or All on 4 – Dental implants are prosthetic teeth replacements which look and function like your natural teeth. They are fixed in place, permanently restoring your mouth. Using a 3D digitally guided approach we are able to plan the dental implant procedure with the utmost precision and least discomfort.
- Porcelain Bridge – Porcelain dental bridges are another way missing teeth can be replaced. This involves preparing the adjacent teeth to support a false tooth in between them.
- Dentures – Once upon a time, dentures were the only way missing teeth could be replaced, and they have been around for hundreds of years before bridges or implants became available. Dentures can be a good removable choice for some patients. They are often more budget-friendly, and by using the best quality dental laboratories, we are able to create a life-like result that restores function and aesthetics. However, as dentures are removable, they have the tendence to move around while eating and speaking, which some patients find difficult to tolerate.
- Dental Implants or All On 4 – varies between 3 days to 6 months
- Porcelain Bridge – 2 weeks from start to finish
- Dentures – 4 weeks from start to finish
Does it hurt?
At Studio Smiles we take pride in our emphasis on pain-free dentistry. Naturally, certain dental procedures may involve some discomfort. However, by using the latest techniques and technologies we can keep you as comfortable as possible.
Our dental implants are placed with a 3D guided pin-hole approach (where possible) which means quicker healing and very little post-operative pain.
For those fearful of treatment, we offer oral conscious sedation and IV sedation too – which means you can wake up to the smile of your dreams without feeling a thing!