Misaligned and Crooked Teeth
Straighter teeth are better teeth.
If you have crooked or crowded teeth then you may be uncomfortable with your smile. Misaligned teeth can be difficult to keep clean, causing them to stain and discolor much more quickly.
Why is it important to correct crooked teeth?
Straightening your teeth has many advantages, the main one being achieving a beautiful smile that you can be proud of. Leaving crooked teeth untreated may cause functional problems including:
- Gum Disease and Tooth Decay – due to the difficulty cleaning and flossing crowded teeth
- Jaw Misalignment – Bite issues may develop if the teeth have difficulty coming together
- Reduced Chewing – Eating certain foods may be challenging depending on the misalignment
There are many ways to treat misaligned and crooked teeth, but every case is unique! We always begin by carefully analysing your smile and discussing your goals to create a personalised plan. This includes a 3D smile design with photos and videos to help you picture what the final result will look like. From there, treatment may involve:
- Invisalign – If you are happy with the size and shape of your teeth, then Invisalign is the best way to straighten them without having to live with the “metal” look of traditional braces. This involves a series of clear trays made with 3D technology to guide your teeth into their new position.
- Porcelain (Ceramic) Veneers – Using thin and ultra-strong porcelain shells which bond directly over your teeth, we are able to straighten them, while also improving their colour, shape, and size.
How long will it take?
- Invisalign – The duration of treatment depends on the amount of tooth movement required, though generally the teeth are straightened in 6 to 12 months.
- Porcelain (Ceramic) Veneers – The result is straight teeth in 2-4 weeks.
Does it hurt?
At Studio Smiles we take pride in our emphasis on pain-free dentistry.
During Invisalign treatment there may be a feeling of pressure and tightness when changing aligners every two weeks, however this is generally very mild and temporary.
With Porcelain (Ceramic) Veneers we use the latest techniques and technologies to keep you as comfortable as possible. For those fearful of treatment, we offer oral conscious sedation and IV sedation too – which means you can wake up to the smile of your dreams without feeling a thing!