Color is one of the key elements to a beautiful smile.
Tooth discolouration is a result of the accumulation of stain on the inside or outside of your teeth. This what makes our teeth become dull and yellow over time. This is why the younger we are, the whiter our teeth tend to be. The good news is, at Studio Smiles we can reverse this discoloration with teeth whitening treatment.
Causes of Yellow Teeth
Some of the common reasons your teeth may be yellowing include:
- Drinking tea, coffee, and red wine
- Dark colored foods and condiments e.g. Soy sauce, balsamic vinegar
- Sugary foods and drinks causing dark-coloured cavities
- Genetic conditions
- Internal tooth damage
Teeth whitening can remove years of stains from your teeth, giving you a younger and fresher smile. At Studio Smiles we only use the latest whitening products from trusted brands such as Phillips Zoom! and Opalescence. This means every time you have your teeth whitened, you can feel confident you are getting the best result. There are two options for teeth whitening, and the best way to decide is with our free Teeth Whitening and Cosmetic Dentistry consultations. This is the ideal time to ask any questions you may have and to discuss your smile goals.
- In-Chair Whitening – Teeth whitening consultation, followed by a 1-hour appointment. Sit back, relax, and enjoy some Netflix while we whiten your teeth for you. A protective barrier is applied to your gums along with a specially formulated gel which will whiten your teeth up to 8 shades lighter.
- Take-Home Whitening – Teeth whitening consultation, followed by impressions for custom whitening trays delivered the next day. Whiten your teeth in the comfort of your own home for 1 hour a night, up to 2 weeks.
Does it hurt?
Absolutely not! We only use very gentle teeth-friendly whitening products, which means very few experience sensitivities. Some mild tingling is normal and can feel unusual, however it subsides as soon as the gel is removed. Pain-free professional teeth whitening.
How can I keep my teeth white?
The million-dollar question… A comprehensive home-care routine is your best protection against stain build up and teeth yellowing. Your oral hygiene routine should start with brushing for two minutes twice a day, and end with flossing between each tooth before bed. We also recommend changing your diet to minimize stain-causing foods and drinks. Or, at the very least, rinsing your mouth at with water after having these foods and drinks.